Research Funding Overview
Our current call for grants has now CLOSED.
Please subscribe to our e-bulletin for scientists to find out about our other grant schemes, deadlines and for updates about the work we fund.
The information given below is for reference purposes only. This may change for future calls for grants.
Points to consider
- Proposals relevant to any area of medical research or testing can be considered and applications that integrate a range of disciplines are welcomed.
- Applicants are encouraged to outline the potential benefits of the proposed work in both scientific and replacement terms.
- It is important to provide measures of impact, for example, an estimate of the number of animals replaced or what scientific advantages it could have over other in vivo/vitro methods
- Assessment will take account of the applicants' strategy for promoting the proposed research to their scientific peers, for example through publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- The Dr Hadwen Trust does NOT award Full Economic Costs (FEC).
Requests for funding
A grant may be awarded for any period of up to 3 years. The financial support requested should be tailored to the scientific needs of the proposal. The maximum amount of funds that can be requested is £60,000 per year of which a maximum of £10,000 can be for consumables
Requests for funding can include:
- The salary of the position applied for
Applications occur in 2 stages.
- Complete and submit the preliminary application.
- If selected, applicants will need to complete a full application form. Information will be sent if successful. Please see timescales for overview.
Click here to see research projects already funded by The Dr Hadwen Trust. (opens in new window)